Monday, September 10, 2012

ClearBlue Easy Fertility Monitor Review

So here's the LONG awaited product review of the ClearBlue Easy Fertility Monitor and Test Sticks.  Life has been SUPER crazy the past few months, so I do apologize.  I am now 16 weeks pregnant thanks to this monitors help and some other wonderful fertility boosters.

The ClearBlue Easy Fertility Monitor was extremely easy to use.  Now, you HAVE to follow the instructions that come with it to get the best results.  Keep in mind, this does NOT guarantee that you'll get pregnant using this monitor.  All it does is help REDUCE the time it takes to get pregnant by telling you when your LH and Estrogen hormones peak right before ovulation.

This shows the features of the monitor.  
Get to know your monitor BEFORE you use it. That way you can avoid mistakes better and
know how to fix them if they arise.


You can start using the monitor on the FIRST day of your next cycle, NOT before.  When you press the m button your tell the monitor that you have started your period.  Keep in mind that when you do press the m button, you establish the 6 hour "Testing Window" that you will continue to test within throughout the duration of this cycle.  The 6 hour testing window automatically sets 3 hours before and 3 hours after you pressed the button.

DO NOT USE A TEST STICK UNLESS THE MONITOR ASKS FOR ONE!!!!!!  It'll explain why in the instructions.

I pressed mine at 8am which gave me a window of 5am-11am.  That way on work days, I could test while getting ready, and weekends I could sleep in a still make my window.  Find what works best for you, but again, keep in mind that morning urine works best.  If you are a night shift worker, then you may have a completely different window.  Set your window to test after you sleep for 6-8 hours.  You want to use the MOST concentrated urine.

If you start the night before or in the morning before your chosen "setting time" you can press the m button when you wish THAT same morning.   If your period starts in the middle of the day, after your "setting time", you should WAIT until the following morning before pressing the m button.  You should set that as day 1 of your cycle.


The monitor will ask for the first test stick on cycle day 6!  A symbol will apear telling you to insert a test stick.  It MUST be a Clearblue Easy Fertility Monitor Test Stick for it to work.  No generic brands.  It must be the same brand as the monitor.  I recommend buying little disposable cups to urinate in then dip the test sticks to avoid any splash.  I've learned that the tests come out more accurate that way. Once you dip, or urinate on the stick, you will place the cap over the area you dipped, or urinated on (the cap comes attached to the test stick) and then you will insert the stick into the monitor until you hear it click, meaning it's inserted properly.   The symbol with then begin flashing meaning that it is testing your levels.  This takes about 5 minutes, which if you sit and watch it like I did, then it seems like it takes even longer. lol.  When it's done testing the symbol will tell you to remove the test stick.  After removal, your result on the status bar, if any, will show.

My results on day 6.  This means low fertility status.

Day 6 test stick.  The estrogen line shows, but until the LH 
surge, the other line will stay pretty faint.

DO NOT TRY TO PREDICT OVULATION FROM JUST READING THE TEST STICKS!  The monitor learns your cycle and is WAY more accurate at calculating your peak fertility status than you are.  Let the monitor do it's job.

My fertility status changed on day 8 to high fertility meaning that chances of conception were increased.

Sorry for the text.  I couldn't find the original.  I was excited. lol

Like I said earlier, everyone's cycles are different and will peak at different times.  Some will peak on day 14 or 18.  I peaked on day 15.  I couldn't tell  you in words how excited I was because I honestly didn't think I'd peak at all.  For me, this was just a test run to see how the monitor worked.  I wasn't suppose to be able to get pregnant for another year or 2 because of my treatment and what not.  Thank God for this monitor!  It proved the doctors wrong. :-D

Day 15 peaked fertility status.  
This means that I'd ovulate within 24 hours of this status. 
I was blown away at the sight of this.

Day 15 test stick.  The lines look about the same.
Everyone's will look different.

When to do your "baby dance", and how often, is entirely up to you. Well, obviously.  During your peak is when you have the HIGHEST chances of conceiving.  You can still conceive in the days following, so the fertility status will remain high. Personally, we did our "baby dance" every day that week.  lol.  If you go through some of my past blogs, you will find tips on helping your chances of conception even more.  For example, doing your baby dance in the morning will raise your chances.  Aslo, if he drinks a cup of coffee right before your baby dance, it'll help his swimmers swim faster.


Though I only got to use this monitor once, I LOVED it.  It was a little pricey, but I found it cheapest on amazon.com.  I will certainly use this monitor again when we start trying for our second child.  I just have to finish incubating this one and let it grow up a little bit first. ;-P

If you do go to amazon.com, they usually have bundles where you can buy the monitor and test sticks together, sometimes they'll even include home pregnancy strips.  


I wish y'all the best and hope this review was helpful.  I will continue to pray for all of you, ladies, in hopes that you have your BFP one day.  Baby dust and sticky vibes all around!!

From this:

To this:
 This was my 12 DPO HPT with FMU

This was my 11w 4d ultrasound.  Hopefully I'll get 
another one soon and learn the sex! :-D


Good luck and God Bless,
Ashley

2 comments:

  1. This is super cool! I've never heard of it before. Congrats on the pregnancy!
    char
    http://www.lifesbettertogether.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete